The Board of Southern Jutland and the state steering group make up the official base of the anniversary, and together they will establish the overall strategic framework of the commemoration.
The Board includes representatives of the seven participating municipalities in Southern Jutland, the Region of Southern Denmark, the Danish Government and other stakeholders, including representatives of the minorities north and south of the border, respectively.
The Board comprises:
- The mayors of the seven participating municipalities:
- Kolding (Jørn Pedersen)
- Vejen (Egon Fræhr)
- Esbjerg (Jesper Frost Rasmussen)
- Haderslev (H.P. Geil)
- Sønderborg (Erik Lauritzen)
- Tønder (Henrik Frandsen)
- Aabenraa (Thomas Andresen)
- Chairman of the Region of Southern Denmark (Stephanie Lose)
- State representative, appointed by the Danish Government (Kim Andersen)
- President of Bund Deutscher Nordschleswiger (Hinrich Jürgensen)
- President of Sydslesvigsk Forening (Jon Hardon Hansen)
- President of Grænseforeningen (Peter Skov-Jakobsen)
- President of Historisk Samfund (Hans Schultz Hansen)
- President of Museum Sønderjylland (Jens Møller)
- Chairman of the Board at Danfoss (Jørgen Mads Clausen)
The Board has appointed Mayor of Aabenraa Thomas Andresen as president.
The Board has set up an executive committee comprising the president of the Board and two other members of the Board.
- Mayor Thomas Andresen, Aabenraa (president)
- Mayor Egon Fræhr, Vejen
- Kim Andersen, state representative
State Steering Group
The Danish Government has appointed a state steering group tasked with making the commemoration of the reunion a national event. The steering group consists of representatives of the Prime Minister’s Office, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Education, respectively. The Ministry of Culture holds the presidency of the steering group.